Production Artwork Requirements
- Artwork Designs must be provided in their exact size at 300 DPI resolution, without backgrounds, clean, no jagged lines, and finished.
- Designs must not infringe on copyright or trademarks.
- Production Camera ready Artwork designs must be provided as VECTOR graphics.
- Artwork file type formats: CDR, EPS, TIFF, BMP.
- Sample or Proof Artwork Graphics can be provided in JPG File Type.
- For 1 Color Artwork Graphics, clients must provide the artwork in Color BLACK. Along with the corresponding color code.
- For Artwork Graphics of 2-3-4-5+ color that include the color WHITE, clients must show the color WHITE as GREY.
- For Full color Digital Process Artwork Graphics, clients can provide High quality JPG File.
- Clients can Upload Artwork Graphic files at anytime after checkout.
Vector Image File Information
CorelDRAW (CDR) is VECTOR format. Adobe's format (Encapsulated PostScript) EPS is perhaps the most common VECTOR image format. It is the standard interchange format in the print industry. It is widely supported as an export format, but due to the complexity of the full format specification, not all programs that claim to support EPS are able to import all variants of it. Adobe Illustrator and recent versions of CorelDRAW have very good support for reading and writing EPS.
TIFF - Tagged Image File Format (TIFF) is perhaps the most commonly used bitmap file format when sending information to a service bureau for output. With support for lossless compression, various color modes and transparency, it is a versatile standard which is viewable both on Windows and Macintosh based systems.
by Vector Magic
Some specific comments on JPG Files:
JPEG/JPG - One of the most widely-used image formats is the JPEG format (Joint Photographic Expert Group). This format has excellent compression characteristics and has the nice feature that the user may specify what level of compression they desire, trading off fidelity for file size. We do not recommend using JPEG files for VECTOR ART as the compression artifacts substantially degrade the quality of the image near edges.
Color Picker / HEX
Preparing the Artwork for production is very important. Understanding Commercial Printing Article covers some of the information. Artwork Preparation is the first step of a production run. If you would like to venture into creating or re-creating your Black and White or FULL Color Artwork Graphics in VECTOR Format, our FREE online Virtual Design Studio & Tools page should be your next stop.